Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Guess who's back!

OH my goodness. It's been awhile, hasn't it? :D

So today started like any other day...I woke up, went on the Internet and did my normal stuff on Youtube, FML, Pinterest, Failbook... you know, wasting away my life one website at a time by the minute. Before I knew it, I was on a blog. One blog turned into two...into four...eight...wait, blogs? Why am I reading blogs? Well, this thought is kind of interesting...ok, let's read one more...

STOP. Nikki. Didn't you make a blog, like, a really long time ago? Didn't you quit after about, uh, ONE post? Yes, and yes (later I saw I had three, but still).

So I googled. I remembered the name of my blog, and lo and behold, it popped up first on Google. "That's odd," I thought to myself. "It didn't used to pop up first when I would search for it before..." I clicked on it, scared, but basically reassured that it had probably gotten about 10 hits over the past however long I had left it. After all, for the whole week or so I blogged before, I had two viewers- myself and some bot from China (thanks, Google analytics).

I was wrong.

My blog actually had COMMENTS. THREE comments. What? People were interested in what I had to say? Holy crap, I had an email posted on there, too, didn't I? I couldn't remember the password, but I finally managed to get in. I had six or seven emails from people, all asking for my help. MY help. Something that I had knowledge in could actually HELP awesome people like you guys. I had NO idea anyone would actually take me up on that offer! People actually seemed to like what they had read, and they were telling me how they could relate to me. Some even told me how they wanted to confide in me, because they knew I'd understand where they were coming from. *blush*

I have a confession for you guys. Well, a new one, besides tattoo confessions. When I made this blog...what...a year and a half ago (and I came up with the idea years before that, I just never got around to making it), I NEVER thought anyone would be interested in reading it. After all, my job can be pretty boring. Sure, it SOUNDS cool...but like anything else, the magic fades once you're "behind the scenes". I'd imagine the same could be said for working at Disneyland.

At the time of this posting, my blog has had 3,577 page views and 1,546 unique visitors. I was floored. I still am floored. And humbled. And...well...gosh, I'm just so excited I decided to search blogs today.

Thanks for reading, everyone. I promise to update more often than once every two years :) Seriously, though, I found this Word document I made full of blog post ideas. You guys have re-inspired me, and I am so thankful and excited. Thank you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The whole things you defined here is superbly well. Thanks a lot for such nice blog! wow tattoo